Thursday, January 19, 2006

Thoughts on Life...

Last night was girls bible study. It was the first one since Christmas break and it was so good to meet again. As usual, we got off topic, and had a brief discussion about the end times. When I think about eternity and how amazing it will be- I mean, we'll actually get to SEE the King of the universe- I realize how limited my view is. Too often I get wrapped up in the day-to-day things. Like for instance, getting upset if things don't turn out how I want them to, or worrying about if I'll be able to go to the dentist. When I turn my eyes away from the little things and focus on the hope that we have of spending the rest of our lives with God, I don't worry as much about the small things, and I'm able to have joy in spite of them. How I wish my focus could last longer that a few moments at a time! The Apostle Paul amazes me- after persecuting Christians, meeting Jesus face to face, and then being willing to suffer again and again for Christ even to the point of death, he was still able to have joy. He says, "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us." -Rom. 8:18 And here am I, one who knows so little about what it really means to suffer, losing my joy over little things like the electricity being off for a few hours. How patiently God continues to point me back to my true source of joy!

No comments: