Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Thoughts for the Day

"Offer sacrifices of righteousness and trust in the Lord." Psalm 4:5

"It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man." Psalm 118:8

"When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can {mere} man do to me?" -Psalm 56:3-4

"My soul {waits} in silence for God only; From Him is my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken." -Psalm 62:1-2

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. For he will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; But its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought nor cease to yield fruit." -Jeremiah 17:7-8

When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

Words: John H. Sam­mis, 1887. Music: Dan­iel B. Town­er

No comments: