Friday, November 21, 2008

Cold and Rainy

It's cold and rainy today (like 65, the kind of weather where everyone's bundled up in hats and mittens and no one wants to go out; although when most people in town drive a motorcycle, I don't blame them). I'm actually weating pants, a long-sleeved shirt, and a hoody! When we lived at our other place, I rarely wore long-sleeved shirts. Because we lived in a second story with a tin roof, the house trapped the heat (which made for really hot summers!). I'm very glad this house is cooler and shadier, but it has it's downsides: 1)things don't dry as well, so lots of things mold (dishcloths, our wedding picture...) and 2) it will be very chilly in the winter nights! Granted, it doesn't get anywhere near as cold as in the States, but at night time in the mountains in January, the temp. can drop, and when you have windows that don't really close, the house doesn't retain heat very well.
I know, I know, none of you feel sorry for me. And that's ok. It will just mean that I may need to ask for my warmer clothes, as I only have a few long sleeved shirts here. And I'll be drinking lots of tea in the morning. But during the day, if it's not rainy and the sun is out, it generally gets pretty warm, even in January. So, I think I'll probably survive. ;)

No comments: