Thursday, December 04, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow, am I late! But at least today's a Thursday, right? Last week was a busy, but fun week. I spent Monday and Tuesday preparing for the week, Fall Fest, and Thanksgiving (making food, cookies, and curtains). Wednesday was fall festival including games, activities, and food eating contests! Visiting school and hanging out with students (and Daniel) was a highlight of the day. We also did some dancing (country dancing, WMCA, etc.). Pictures to come...
On Thursday, the entire JCS staff (and families) were invited over to our house. About 40 or so people came. We potlucked, so the Thanksgiving feast was a wondeful combination of traditional American Thanksgiving foods, and yummy Dominican foods. Daniel smoked a pork leg, and a friend of ours brought the Turkey. The weekend was spent relaxing and decorating for Christmas.
I love Christmas time; I love the decorations and the lights. I love listening to Christmas music. Most of all, I love the time to reflect on God's love for us and the gift of His son. I feel like Thanksgiving is a wonderful "kick-off" to the "Holiday Season." I don't want Thanksgiving to be a one day event in my home, but a reminder throughout this season of all that God has given us: family, friends, and an eternal home through Jesus Christ, His son. God's faithfulness amazes me, and I want to carry "Thanksgiving" throughout the Christmas season, and into the New Year as we celebrate the birth of the King!

No comments: