Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The end of the nursing...

Although it was the first night I haven't nursed, Jer went down without much fuss tonight. I was willing/planning to nurse longer, until Jeremiah decided to start using those sharp little teeth of his. We were down to about 3 or 4 nursings/day when he started biting. I told him "suave" (soft) and "no dientes" and said "ow" numerous times, so that he began to say "suave" and "ow" each time he went to nurse. And so we quickly went to nursing only before nap and bedtime. Over break we cut out the pre-nap time, as Daniel was there to put him down and offer him a cup of milk. Each night I would prepare myself for the pain and each night it seemed worse. Finally, last night, after he hardly sucked from either side and just bit and pulled, I decided it was time. And so today we went without any nursings. He was a little upset before nap time (since I put him down), but fine at bed time. And now I have 4 1/2 months before it begins all over again!

No comments: