Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Borrego Wedding

A week ago, my good friend and roommate from Taylor, Ashley, was married! Daniel and I drove down to Georgia on Thursday, July 27, and spent the evening with Ashley, Paul, and other friends. The next day I hung out with Ashley and the other bridesmaids as we picked up chairs and tables for the rehearsal dinner, went to a bridesmaids luncheon, had manicures and pedicures, went to the rehearsal, and then went to the dinner. It was so good to spend time with Ashley. The wedding was at 2:00, so we had plenty of time to get ready- but the time went by quickly! We drove to the church, did our hair and make-up, took some pictures beforehand, ate a quick lunch, and sat and talked before the wedding. The wedding went by quickly- it seems like a blur- besides my feet aching terribly from the high heels (but it was worth it) J -it was so joyous to see God uniting Ashley and Paul in marriage, after they had been waiting so long. The wedding and reception were beautiful, and before I knew it we were saying goodbye. L But, I am so excited that they are beginning their life together. In the afternoon we hung out with lots of Taylor people at Chili’s, which was a great reunion time, before leaving the next day (Sunday) to drive back to good ol’ Chicago. All in all, we had a great time. And even though Ashley is now married and we live in different countries, she will always be my “roomie.”

2 comments:

ashley said...

You're so sweet, Tree! Thanks so much. :-) I am so glad you and Daniel could make it. I really enjoyed being with you again, and Daniel was a lifesaver! Tell him muchas gracias for the airport runs.

Your forever roomie, Ashley

Beth said...

Hi, Tree! It was so nice to get to know you at Ashley's wedding!