Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Our little talker

I've been meaning to put this up for a while. I recently sat down and wrote out the words Jeremiah says. He's increased dramatically in speaking lately, as I'm sure is normal for his age. So, for interested grandparents (and others who want to know) here is a list of his current words. He may have more, but it sometimes takes me a few days to figure out what he's saying. (Although I really don't think his "OwahOwahyeow" has any meaning). And keep in mind he speaks with a "toddler accent."
And now, in no particular order, except for the order I thought of them:
Cheese
Gracias
Libro (book)
baby
hot
no
Iah (Jeremiah)
Pee (Pie for "foot" in Spanish, not for the dessert)
sticker
pan ("bread" in Spanish)
mas (more)
ball
pow-pow (Dominicans use it for no touch)
uh-oh
"Bee" (for cleaning hands or turning off the light. I'm still really confused on this one)
Ya (finished)
Chiste (dog's name)
Chai (Cat's name)
Mama
Dada
woof
mow (for mewo)
neigh
bye-bye
Hola
Hi
Agua (water)
Pee-pee
Poo-poo (says this occasionally)
A-men (with a clear break between the two syllables; comes out "Ah-mm")
ta-ta (we use it for no touch)
nigh-nigh
mano (hand; says it like "meemo")
lave (wash)
undies
His favorite words are "agua" and "Chiste." And he says "Chiste" whenever he hurts himself as if he's blaming the dog. He's also repeating us a lot, which is really cute. I don't know how many words he's "supposed" to have in his vocabulary, but I'm not worried; I know he's progressing and it may take more time with the two languages.

No comments: