Sunday, February 19, 2006

Peterson's Weekly (sometimes?) Update

We'll start with last weekend. On Saturday we took a walk and had a picnic by a river with some teacher friends. That night we attempted to watch the Olympics, to no avail, because the D.R. does not carry NBC. :( Maybe they'll come out with a highlights video...
On Monday, since it's our date night, and Tuesday is our "dinner party" night, we celebrated Valentines day. Daniel cooked a wonderful dinner for me consisting of grilled marinated flank steak, roasted potatoes, and a green bean- bell pepper salad. For dessert I made white chocolate covered strawberries. It was a delighful meal! He also brought me flowers for my Valentine gift (he tricked me by telling me he needed to run out for Salsa China (soy sauce). We relaxed and enjoyed our evening together.
At school the next day, I was amazed at how many people made a big deal out of Valentine's Day. I received more gifts from my students that day than I did for Christmas! The school was also doing a fundraiser by selling candy, flowers, or balloons and delivering them to the person that you bought it for. It was a fairly crazy day, and I was glad when it was time to go home. :) We had yummy taco casserole at Leah's that night.
The rest of the week went by quickly, but I was ready for the weekend. On Friday night we had a family from church over (The Vandermulens). They have 4 very cute children of different ages that they adopted. After dinner, we all went to JCS for movie night. We had a great time and won a prize for brining the most guests (some candy). :)
Saturday was work day. We went grocery shopping, bought a plastic outdoor table, made yogurt, bread, and muffins, and went to a couple's house for dinner (lasagna... yummy). Today we've relaxed and done some work so we can be caught up at school since Daniel's parents are coming on Wednesday. We're so excited! So is Chai... aren't you? Well, she would be, but she's too busy giving herself a bath.
So, that's all the news for now. We sent out a email update a week ago. If you aren't on our list and want to be, let us know.
God bless!

No comments: