Monday, March 30, 2009
Check out more Meet-and-Greet at The Natural Mommy!
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
- photo book (cut out photos of us, family, Jeremiah, taped them on construction paper, and laminated them as a photo book for Jeremiah to look at)
- crayons and coloring book
- sticker books (book with stickers and pages to put the stickers on and take them off again)
- puzzle (we found a small, flat puzzle to bring with few pieces)
- small toys (baby, soft ball)
- small calculator (he loves playing with calculators!)
- sandpaper and yarn to stick on and make designs
- finger puppet
- tissue toss (toss a tissue into the air, let the air nozzle push it back down)
- shape matching (I laminated a paper with colored shapes on it, and laminated matching shapes. Then I put velcro on the shapes so he can match them)
We'll see how much we can fit. All of the above things are very compact and easy to pack. The goal is to keep him busy! We also have a list of games we can play with him.
Ok, and now for the pics. Meet Jeremiah's babies. He's entered the phase of wanting to sleep with his babies. Sometimes it's one, sometimes it's two, and sometimes it's the huge blue care-a-bear. We try to rotate through so he won't become too attached to one and insist we take it everywhere. I "made" a bed for his babies. I took a box, put some fabric in it, and then laid a pillow and blanket in there. He likes putting his babies to "nigh-nigh."
Trying to sit with the babies on the chair
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
- I've been working today on uploading pictures to snapfish. I realized that we have no prints since Jeremiah was a few weeks old! Hmmm... time to update the baby book. And wow do we have a lot of pictures to sort through!
- Apparently Jeremiah wanted me to exercise today. He pulled out my fitmama prenatal workout DVD case, opened it, took out the case, popped open the CD drive and was trying to figure out how to put the DVD inside when I interrupted him. And we don't even watch that many movies!
- Rainy day= craziness. Boy gets hyper; dog gets hyper; and vice versa. We've been letting the dog inside when we're home. He didn't want to go out at all because of the rain. They both had to spend some time in time-out.
- I just realized that I haven't updated my menu in a long, long time! Don't worry, we have eaten since New Years! I'll try to update it for next week, because I'm sure you're all wanting to know what we're eating. ;)
- We just paid off Daniel's grad school loan! Yay! We have some money left in our savings account. When that runs out, it's time to go back to the States (we have a little set aside for moving back to the States and don't want to touch that until then). Someday it will be nice to be able to save instead of drain savings, and we'll have to take that into account as we decide how much longer to stay here (I think we'll probably be here at least another 2 years). But, with no life insurance and no savings building, we can't be here much longer than that without making some changes. But I'm not worried, it's in God's hands. If we can't start building up savings in a few years, we'll probably take that as a sign that it's time to go back "home". We do have a little bit put away for way in the future in mutual funds, but it's not worth much right now, especially with how the stock market is currently; so we're not touching that until we're old. :)
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Monday, March 16, 2009
For more meet-and-greet, check out Beth's page!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Jeremiah and I visited Thursday afternoon and Friday morning. I enjoyed seeing the kids running around having fun. Thursday afternoon the preschoolers wanted to play with Jeremiah. He enjoyed it, but was eventually overwhelmed.
Unfortunately, Daniel forgot the camera all but one day, so I only have one picture of him:
Daniel wearing his pink-striped short-sleeved collared shirt along with a green-plaid-ish, long-sleeved shirt.
1st graders doing their cheer
Jeremiah with the big 3 yr. olds (after a little too much attention)
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
But then today I ran across a few notes I'd written before I was pregnant (when I was trying to keep track of how I felt) and remembered the strange symptoms I experienced during the three months before getting pregnant. I even went to the doctor and had blood tests taken (which of course came back normal).
Here were my symptoms that came and went throughout the months:
- extremely thirsty
Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas?
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
And now, in no particular order, except for the order I thought of them:
Pee (Pie for "foot" in Spanish, not for the dessert)
pan ("bread" in Spanish)
pow-pow (Dominicans use it for no touch)
"Bee" (for cleaning hands or turning off the light. I'm still really confused on this one)
Chiste (dog's name)
Chai (Cat's name)
mow (for mewo)
Poo-poo (says this occasionally)
A-men (with a clear break between the two syllables; comes out "Ah-mm")
ta-ta (we use it for no touch)
mano (hand; says it like "meemo")
His favorite words are "agua" and "Chiste." And he says "Chiste" whenever he hurts himself as if he's blaming the dog. He's also repeating us a lot, which is really cute. I don't know how many words he's "supposed" to have in his vocabulary, but I'm not worried; I know he's progressing and it may take more time with the two languages.
Monday, March 02, 2009
Enjoying a a beautiful sunny day in our backyard
(Daniel picked a huge flower for me and put it in my hair. Awwww...)
Our silly little boy
And he knows he's cute!
That's it for now. Check out the pics from our family bike trip here.
Visit The Natural Mommy for more Meet-and-Greet!