Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Almost there...

3 more days! I am so excited I'm about to burst. It's been so hard to concentrate on anything knowing that we'll be back in Wheaton soon. This week had dragged on. Every day I've been confused on what day it was (yesterday I thought it was Wed. Today I keep thinking it's Thur.) But, we only have two days of school left and then we leave on Saturday! In spite of the slow, tiring week, though, tonight was a bright spot. For bible study (there is a separate girl's and guy's English bible study on Wed. that some JCS and Escuela Caribe people attend) we've been going through the book of Hebrews. It's loaded with lots of deep connections to the Old Testment, comparing the Old Covenant to the New Covenant, etc. Tonight we went through Hebrews 9. It talked about Jesus being the ultimate sacrifice for our sins once and for all, fulfilling the Old Testament sacrifices that the people had to do continually. How blessed we are that our sins have been paid for- completely and totally! It amazes me how perfectly God fit everything- especially between the Old and New Testament. I've been going through the Christmas story with my students, and explaining some about how God prophesied hundreds of years before Jesus came how it would happen. It's like puzzle pieces fitting together to make a beautiful story. How glad I am to know that God is in control! Well, those are my ramblings for the night. Now that we have our own internet, we'll be able to share more about what's going on in our minds, not just in our house and school. :) God bless!

4 comments:

ashley said...

I'm excited to talk to you again when you get back to the States!!! Give me a call while you're here (or send me your phone number so I can call you). Email me if you don't have my cell phone number.

peak said...

You're going to be home! We should do something together, all of us ^_^ Let me know what's up!

Joanna said...

Call me too! Especially, let me know when you'll be in Upland. I miss you guys! I'm excited you're headed home soon.

Daniel and Teresa said...

Ashley- I will def. call (esp on a certain date). I'm not sure if I still have the cell phone number, so if you could send it that'd be good.
Sopeak- yay! We should def. get together. Doing anything New Years eve?
Joanna- We'll be there around Jan 1-4. I can't wait to see you! Talk to you soon. :)