Monday, October 29, 2007

Noel: Snow Day!

Oooooh... pretty colors!

Ok, so it's not really a snow day, it's a rain day, but a snow day sounds better. School for the entire country has been canceled today. Since Thursday night, we've had at least 18in. of rain (so says Daniel; estimating conservatively). It's been rather loud on our tin roof, but I like the sound. It makes me sleepy. :) However, it doesn't help that I've had a sore throat, stuffy nose and ears, and have felt tired and weak since Friday. So, I am very thankful for a day off of school, and for a wonderful husband who takes good care of Jeremiah and me!

For more info about tropical storm Noel, go here.

As for other things, I have been teaching afternoon Kindergarten for two weeks now. It is going alright- I enjoy the students and I enjoy teaching. We have a wonderful friend who watches Jeremiah on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I carry him the other days, but if he's fussy I find someone to hand him off to (there are so many people willing to help at JCS!). Because we carry Jeremiah a lot, and I want to carry him more, we decided to purchase the ERGO baby carrier. We decided it was worth the cost for a carrier that would balance the weight better and put less stress on my shoulders. With it, we can also carry him on our backs, so I can wear him while I do the dishes! It has been a crazy past few weeks, but Daniel is now done with one of his grad school classes, grades for the last 9-week period are in, and Jeremiah continues to sleep through the night (most of the time). So, things should (hopefully) be falling into place as we get used to our new routine. I hope I'll have more time to post; I'll try to get a video of Jeremiah up soon, and let you know our most recent cooking/baking fun. :) As for what I'm learning- besides patience and trusting in God, I've been re-re-reading (for the 3rd or 4th time) Tozer's book Pursuit of God. No matter how many times I read it, I continue to learn new things from it, and each time come away with a deeper desire to really know God and get rid of the "self" junk that keeps me from knowing and serving Him better.


1 comment:

Joanna said...

In Hawaii, I had a "Hurricane Day" off school when Iniki hit. Ah, the memories of tropical climates...