Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mommy Freak-out Momment

I just had a mommy freak-out momment. My heart is still beating quickly. I look over at my 9 month old, playing with the doggy leash (who left that out?...oops) and see something black in his mouth. I immediatly assume that it's part of the black binding on the (cheap) leash that is coming off. I jump up to pull it out of his mouth and discover that...
It was a big juicy millipede. Maybe dead? Maybe mostly dead? Either way, it did not belong in my child's mouth! Thankfully, it was still whole. I know, I know... it will only get worse. But I just can't quite get over the fact that my son almost ate a millipede!

5 comments:

Jes said...

aww. Lexi hasn't eaten any bugs, BUT, when I was a nanny, I had one of the one year olds get into some diaper rash cream. I called poison control immediately. They proceeded to tell me that half a tube of Desitin wasn't going to hurt her.

I'm sure we'll both get plenty of mommy freak out moments as time goes on...

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

mmmmm... protein.

Maybe he's training for Survivor Season 37?

amendment (why the first comment was deleted) I wanted to add:

I'm not a mommy, so I'm allowed to be funny:)

Daniel & Teresa said...

hehe...that's what Daniel said too (about the protein) ;)

Anonymous said...

My sister DID eat a Stinkbug. All that was left was one leg and a wing sticking out when my dad noticed ...

-Char
CharlotteRoseScott@gmail.com