Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Happy 4th Anniversary Daniel!
Ok, so I'm almost a week late. I wanted to post this earlier, but was working so hard on retreat stuff that I didn't have a minute to do anything else (like pay attention to my poor child). Anyway, I wanted to share our anniversary meal with you:
We decided to do something a little unconventional. Instead of going out to eat (I was really wanting "special" food, not Dominican food. Nothing seemed worth it for the money), we took Jeremiah to a teacher's house and ate in. I made special "tapas" (appetizers) for the meal. Here was the menu:
-Candied nuts (walnuts and pecans)
-Asian Chicken-Lettuce Wraps
-Shrimp wrapped in chili peppers and bacon
-Dates wrapped in bacon
-Cucumber-Cream cheese mini-sandwiches
-French Onion Soup
-Fruit with cream cheese dip
-We were going to do bruchetta as well, but decided we had enough food.

Our meal lasted about 3 hours. Throughout the time we played card games, read to each other, talked, re-read our vows, and picked up Jeremiah and put him to bed. It was wonderfully relaxing to sit on the couch, not worry about other people or trying to have energy, etc. I couldn't have imagined a nicer evening!






No comments: