Monday, February 23, 2009

I feel like a new person!

So, at the beginning of last week I was starting to feel really good again. My energy had come back; I was feeling less nauseous, etc. Then Wednesday hit. I was tired and more nauseous than normal, but nothing alarming. That night I threw up three times (well, 1 was in the morning, but I went back to sleep). And Chiste barked for about 3 hours straight (I'm not joking; it was over 2 hours; we couldn't get him to stop! We finally tied him in the back where we couldn't hear him as loudly and fell asleep in spite of the barking). Thusrday I was absolutely kaput. I hardly kept anything down (except maybe a small bowl of cheerios), was super dehydrated, had no energy to take care of Jeremiah, and didn't change his overnight diaper until Daniel came home at 1:00. All I could do was lay on the couch and feed Jeremiah honey-nut cheerios (We'd sent a "buy order" for cheerios from the States and they didn't have regular, so we received 3 boxes of honey-nut. Hmmm... good thing they were cheap.)
Anyway, back to me being a terrible mom- Daniel was planning on coming home early to "help" me pack for our trip to the beach (he had a conference in Puerto Plata, so we thought we'd stay a few nights and take time away). Well, he ended up doing almost all of the packing as I tried to re-energize. I took a nap, threw up again, and we proceeded to hit the road for a 3+hour drive. I actually felt better during the drive than I had all day. Something about the sunshine and the fresh breeze. I ate a few pretzels and kept them down for the night.
Friday was off and on. I kept down a little bit of food, but not much. I spent most of the day inside the hotel room (which was actually relaxing; it had AC!). I did manage to take Jeremiah in the pool for about 45 minutes; it was enjoyable. But, I quickly lost energy, and we went back inside for a nap. Daniel came back from the conference at about 4:30 while we were putting our feet in the pool. It was so good to see him! (and to pass off the boy...)
Saturday was similar, though I managed to keep down a little more food. We hung out by the pool, relaxed inside, and then packed up to go. Once again, I felt better during the drive, ate some pasta for dinner, watched Sound of Music and had a good night o' sleep!
After relaxing Sunday and taking a long nap, I awoke today feeling like a new person! It is amazing how much energy I had today compared to the previous days. I was so afraid I would just be a bum for 7 more months!
So, I'm half suspecting that I actually had a bug of some sort, due to the violence of my "morning sickness" (I won't go into the details) and it's abruptness (feeling my worst yet in the middle of feeling my best).
So, poor Daniel had a lot of work on his shoulders the past few days. And even though we took our camera, we didn't take any pictures. Nice as the hotel room was, it wasn't really worth taking pictures of it. But, hopefully I'll have some Jer pics and videos to put up soon! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. I glad you are feeling better now. I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you over the weekend.

Talk to you soon.

Love,
Dad Pete