Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy Valentines!



So I'm a little late, but I don't do much posting over the weekend. On Thursday Jeremiah and I went to school to visit Daniel for lunch. That night we had a babysitter and went to one of the churches here for a couples dinner. It was nice. :) On Saturday we had our yearly tradition. My family had the tradition of eating fondue on Valentine's day (I think it started when I was in junior high). Since we have been married we have continued that tradition. This year, we discussed how we want Valentines to be a family holiday. So we exchanged cards and gifts on Saturday and made sure to have Jeremiah at the table with us.
A little about the meal:
Usually we have cheese fondue with bread, followed by meat and veggies in oil, and finish with fruit in caramel sauce. This year, however, we had to make a slight alteration. Since I'm avoiding milk and want to slowly start dairy again, we had tomato sauce with homemade garlic bread to dip as the appetizer. We also decided to go a little healthier and do a Chinese chicken broth with chicken, zucchini, cabbage, and other veggies to cook in it. We ended with homemade caramel sauce using soy milk and yummy fruit. It was a delicious, fun meal!

No comments: