Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Keeping the Romance Alive

Today for Works for me Wednesday I want to share something Daniel and I do to remind each other how much we care about each other. Back when we were still dating, we decided to celebrate our month-aversary. We didn't do very good about this then, but it's something we try to stay faithful to now. We don't do anything fancy- a card, a note, a poem, a song, a dance, a food treat, etc. The idea is to do something little to say, "I love you." It's a great way to keep the romance in our marriage. This doesn't take the place of doing random things, but it's a way to remind us to think of something special for each other. One time in college I made a power point for him. It's fun to get creative! Our dating anniversary was the 29th (july), as is our marriage (january). We fondly call it "SUD" (Special Us Day). (Sappy, I know).
What are some ways you keep the romance alive in your marriage?

For more Works for me Wednesday, see Rocks in My Dryer.

2 comments:

Jes said...

aww, our day is the 29th too! but of November. :) What a good idea. Isn't it amazing how when you're dating you can be so mushy and romantic, but when you get married it's like "ohh, whatever...."

Britni said...

We can't even remember to celebrate the actual anniversary or holidays... don't think we could use this one. But I'll keep it in my mind for when my hub gets out of law school.