Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Healing


Warning: I'm not sure if the below makes much sense, as I'm still in my "brain fog," but here are my thoughts, disconnected as they may be.

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." -Psalm 42:1-2,11

"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost." -Isaiah 55:1

As I've struggled with our current situation (being in limbo/transition and without any idea of when we will find a job and move to Indiana), God continues to bring a few things to mind:

1) Trust. I belong to Him. He will take care of us.
2) Peace. This comes from #1.
And
3) Healing. Use this time in "limbo" for healing and restoration.
Healing- our family is in much need of that right now, both internally and externally. Internally, because packing up ones family, selling almost everything, and moving thousands of miles and across the ocean (even if it is to "return") doesn't happen without causing some pain, and externally because our health hasn't been terrible lately.
When I think of healing, I picture water. Clear, cool, refreshing, soothing water. Water is crucial to life and health. And spiritual water is crucial to spiritual life and health. And so as my body continue to fight this nasty flu bug, my spirit thirsts for God, just as my throat thirsts for water (even if it's a little hard to swallow). And I look to God as my healer, both internally, and externally!

1 comment:

Rod said...

I love you, my daughter...