Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Thoughts

Here's a recent entry from my journal:

Two weeks today until we leave. We’ve never had this much uncertainty before. We have no job, no home, no fixed plans. We still need to find owners for our animals and sell our car, inverter, and many other items. And then we need to figure out how to start all over in a new place. The uncertainty of it all is overwhelming. At times I’m afraid I’ll be swallowed up by it. Nothing yet seems to be “falling into place.” And still other times I see beauty in it and have peace- beauty because I find beauty in the LORD and His ways, and peace knowing that God is in control and that “The LORD’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail.” Lamentations 3:22

And when I focus on these verses and on who He is my heart lifts because- though the circumstances seem so very big and insurmountable- I remember that God is big. His timing and ways are perfect and I can trust in Him!

“For the LORD is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations.”

-Psalm 100:5

No comments: